Good morning, folks! Welcome to the Water Cooler Sports Black, Blue, and Ornery, your source for NFC North News on this Monday, November 4th, 2013.
The only NFC North team to see action on Sunday were the Minnesota Vikings, who ended up losing a heartbreaker to the Dallas Cowboys 27-23. And as you may find from my included links below, it appears that things are continuing to spiral for the Vikings as each loss piles up.
The Detroit Lions are enjoying their bye week as the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers will square off tonight on Monday Night Football. A few of our readers may be tuning into that game tonight.
Quote of the day:
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
And on this day in history:
- 1922 – In Egypt, Howard Carter discovered the entry of the lost tomb of Pharaoh Tutankhamen.
- 1965 – Lee Ann Roberts Breedlove became the first woman to exceed 300 mph when she went 308.5 mph.
- 1978 - Boston played their first show in the city of Boston.
We also have some great birthdays to celebrate today!
- Devin Hester (31) - Speedy wide receiver and breakaway kick return man for the Chicago Bears.
- Matthew McConaughey (44) - He gained critical success as Wooderson in Dazed and Confused and won four awards for his role in the 2012 film, Magic Mike.
- Rachel Reynolds (31) - Actress and model who was almost selected to replace Brooke Burke as the host of Wild On!
NFC North News
Living in the limelight
The universal dream
For those who wish to seem
Those who wish to be
Must put aside the alienation
Get on with the fascination
The real relation
The underlying links.
Green Bay Packers
To those who lament that the Green Bay Packers’ season would be lost if quarterback , Bob McGinn of the Journal Sentinel retorts that not only could the Packers survive, they could even finish 11-5.
Paul Imig of Fox Sports Wisconsin reports that wide receiver that he has a “50-50″ chance of playing Monday night against the Chicago Bears.
Dave Dye of Fox Sports Detroit issues his .
From The Detroit News, the Lions’ have increased from 50-1 to 40-1 according to the oddsmakers at Bovada.lv.
Rick Morrissey of the Chicago Sun-Times presents his case — or lack thereof — for the of beating the Packers Monday night.
Larry Mayer of ChicagoBears.com notes that Chicago to a one-year deal.
Brian Hall of Fox Sports North to the Dallas Cowboys Sunday.
Jim Souhan of the StarTribune reveals that veteran players on both sides of the ball are .