Breakfast Burrito: Wednesday, May 16th, 2012
Whoever said you can’t have too much of a good thing never got a taste of Maw’s frijoles negros. Too generous a portion of her culinary masterpiece, and I’m liable to feel pretty windy. We’re talking hurricane-force winds here. But enough of my gastronomical tribulations. Bright eyed and bushy tailed, Maw was in la cocina before the sun was even up this morning, dishing up yet another of her gourmet specialties.
So let’s dig in before the eats get cold.
Venado con Vikings
Beginner – What former World Wrestling Federation (WWF) superstar tried out for the Vikings prior to the 2004 season?
Easy – What former Vikings RB is known for the Whizzinator?
Intermediate – Who was the longest-tenured Minnesota Vikings head coach?
Hard – To which college did Randy Moss initially commit before switching to Marshall?
Expert – What Vikings player went to the Pro-Bowl in 12 straight years?
As always, no cheating. Send your answers to me at [email protected]. Don’t post them in the comment stream below.
Congratulations to blog editor Thaddeus J. Lozensky for winning our second Breakfast Burrito contest by successfully answering all five Lions-related questions!
- Beginner – What Lions player has had the most combined All-Pro and Pro-Bowl selections? (Linebacker Joe Schmidt: 8 AP and 10 PB selections)
- Easy – Against which other NFL franchise do the Detroit Lions hold the best all-time winning percentage? (Cleveland Browns, 14-4, .778)
- Intermediate – Who was the leading rusher for the Detroit Lions in the season following Barry Sanders’ abrupt retirement? (Greg Hill)
- Hard – Who is the all-time winningest coach in Lions history and how many wins did he have? (Wayne Fontes, 66 wins)
- Expert – What was the original name of the Detroit Lions franchise? (Portsmouth Spartans)
Congratulations, Thaddeus! You will be receiving a certificate redeemable for a full-body, deep-tissue massage to be redeemed at our first annual Black and Blue convention later this year.
“Stump Jake Day” is coming up soon. Be sure to get your NFC North-related trivia questions into me by Thursday to be considered for the contest. Also, feel free to send me suggestions for future Breakfast Burrito themes. Write to me at [email protected].